- Traditional wedding
- Contemporary wedding
- Feminine styles
- For guys
- For babies
- For kids 2–12
- For teens & tweens
- Holiday cakes
- Sports themes
- More custom creations
Prices and buying tips
CHOOSING THE PERFECT CAKE
BEFORE YOU BUY A CUSTOM CAKE (FROM ANYONE)
In cake as in life, beauty is more than skin-deep, and you need to ask the right questions. Will the cake survive a warm August wedding? Can the icing match our napkins? Can I taste the cake before I order? Here are some questions you should ask your cake designer.
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW
- When is your event? We need to be sure that the date is still available.
- How many guests are you serving?
- Is there a theme?
- Do you wish to stay below a certain price?
Lead time varies according to the time of year. Sometimes we can take a custom cake order with only a week’s notice, while other dates book up months in advance. If we are fully booked, we can sometimes take a last minute order for an additional fee. Please plan in advance to avoid rush order fees.
WHAT SIZE TO GET
Whether you're entertaining 30 people or 300, your CakeSuite cake will satisfy everyone. To get an idea of how big your cake should be, you can download and print our cake slicing patterns (PDF, 40K).
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUESTS
Need a non-dairy cake? We can make it. No eggs? No problem. Just let us know what you need. Our facilities store nut, gluten, egg, and dairy products. Efforts are made to ensure that ingredients are kept separate from final products upon request.
Kosher cakes: While CakeSuite is not certified kosher, we can make a kosher-style or non-dairy cake.
PRICES FOR WEDDING CAKES
Here are some pricing guidelines for all cakes. Contact us for details.
- Round cakes are the least expensive shape.
- Buttercream is less costly than fondant. If a cake is finished in fondant, there is always buttercream underneath. Fondant is an additional expense because it is in addition to the buttercream. It is not an alternative.
- Adding tiers increases the price, at $10 per tier
- Fresh flowers are always less expensive than handmade. We offer many choices for flowers, ranging from quick fondant cut-outs, to ultra-realistic gumpaste flowers. They are priced according to how time consuming they are to make.
- 3D sculpted cakes usually require a great deal of planning and artistry. They range from $10-$20 per slice, with a minimum of $250.
Cake orders are guaranteed with a deposit of 50% or more. We accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash.
DELIVERYDelivery is available 7 days a week and costs $60 per hour, round trip ($70 per hour during rush hour and on Sundays, and $75 per hour for deliveries to Manhattan).
REFUNDSOnce a deposit has been made, we set aside time for your cake, and may turn away other business. As such, we cannot provide refunds.
- Our minimum order for custom cakes is $200.
- Custom cakes take time to make, and we are sometimes unable to accommodate
last minute orders. Please plan ahead. Some dates fill up as early as
6 months in advance.